From the Assistant Principal
- Monday 28/8: Extra Curricular Photos
- Thursday 13/8: Father’s Day Mass & Breakfast- 7.15-8.30 am
- Monday 4/9- Friday 15/9: Year 11 Exam Block
- Tuesday 19/9: Year 12 Graduation Mass, lunch and Awards Ceremony
- Friday 22/9: Last day of term. Students dismissed after P4
KEEPING SAFE – FOODIES PEAKHURST STREET MARKET – Friday evenings
On the last Friday of every month between 3pm and 9pm, there is a multicultural food market hosted in the car park of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church Peakhurst. In discussing this event with our students, this appears to be a popular place for young people to congregate and socialise with one another. Please note that this is not an event run by OLF – this event is put on by a private company.
The college has become aware of incidents of risk taking behaviour by young people frequenting the markets and gathering in surrounding areas.
Parents and carers are advised to reconsider whether they allow their children to attend the markets or actively supervise their children if they choose to allow them to attend.
Should parents/carers be concerned about the safety and wellbeing of patrons at the Foodies markets, you are encouraged to call the Police – Hurstville Local Area on 9375 8599
Below are the numbers of other external agencies who can support parents/carers and students.
Parentline on 13 22 89 – a statewide telephone counselling service for parents and carers of children aged from birth to eighteen years.
- Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 – a free, confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.
Movement to and from school
I would like to take this opportunity to remind parents and students that it is our expectation, that students make their way to and from school in a direct manner. Students are not permitted to loiter around transport nodes, nor in shopping complexes while wearing their school uniform. If you require your daughter to enter shops on the way home, we ask that you provide her with a note that she can have signed by her year coordinator.