From the Assistant Principal
Social Media Use
The holidays are typically a time when young people spend more time on their devices and social media accounts, much of this is unsupervised. The eSafety commissioner has some excellent resources to assist parents in keeping up to date with the newest social media platforms, a link to which can be found here. Additionally, the eSafety commissioner has developed a series of tips for parents to help limit young people’s exposure to harmful content online these include:
- Engage in your child’s online activities – ask what apps, sites and games they’re using and make sure they’re age-appropriate
- Use parental controls on devices to help limit what your child is exposed to
- Help them report and block upsetting content they see on social media sites or apps
- Let them know they can come to you about anything upsetting they see online
- Sharing of account details
Travel to and from school
Families are reminded that girls are expected to go directly home and are not to be loitering at local shopping centres or fast food outlets in their College uniform. The exception to this is when they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. Students wearing the College uniform are expected to to behave in a manner that is aligned to our Bethany values.
Students return to school in Term 4 in their summer uniform Please ensure that your daughter’s uniform is knee length. Students are not permitted to return to school with eyelash extensions, additional piercings, nail polish or acrylic nails.
I wish you and your daughters a restful and enjoyable break. I look forward to seeing the girls at the start of our final term for the year. A reminder that students return to school for Term 4 on Monday October 12.