From the Leader of Wellbeing
eSafety Commissioner resources for parents and carers
The eSafety Commissioner website is a great resource tool for parents and students. The website has a range of information and webinars to help educate and provide support for the community.
The eSafety Commissioner has a simple, four minute video on Digital technologies and mental health. This short video offers parents and carers practical ways to encourage and support a young person to have positive online behaviour and experiences.
Free online gaming webinar for parents.
The eSafety Commissioner is offering a free Safer online gaming webinar for parents and carers. The webinar looks at the positive aspects of gaming online, popular game titles, and strategies parents and carers can use to manage the risks.
The webinar is Tuesday 21 June 7.30 – 8.30 pm
Attendance: Compass Checklist Reminder for Parents
As Term 2 is coming to an end, and in order to assist the College maintain accurate student attendance records, parents/caregivers are requested to log into Compass regularly and attend to the following matters:
- Check for any unexplained absences for your daughter/s.
- If necessary, add an Attendance note for each absence.
- Should your daughter be late to school due to attending an appointment, parents/caregivers are requested to add an Attendance Note.
- If your daughter is absent for the whole day, an Attendance Note – stating the reason, needs to be entered by a parent/caregiver. If this is done at the beginning of the school day parents/caregivers will not receive an SMS.
- If a parent/caregiver receives an SMS regarding an absence, please add an Attendance Note on Compass.
- Parents/caregivers should be aware that any unexplained absences will appear on your daughter’s school reports
Leader of Wellbeing