“Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.”
Term 1 SCC Sport Update
- Senior SCC Touch finished the season placed 2nd and after many washed out games are going into grand final in week 10 against Saint Charbels College.
- Year 7, 8 and 9 SCC AFL coming 1st going into grandfinal against MSJ.
Good luck girls!
National Athletics Championships
Congratulations to Eva Kostopoulos in Year 9 and Lucy Flanagan in Year 7 who competed at the National Athletics Championships in week 9. Eva placed 2nd in the high jump event and Lucy came 7th in the 200m and 400m final, and 3rd in the 4x100m relay. Congratulations girls!
NSWCCC Swimming Championships
On Friday 31st March we had a number of students attend the NSWCCC Swimming Championships at Homebush.
Congratulations to the following students on their excellent achievement:
- Lucy Flanagan – 6th in 50m Backstroke
- Ashlee Pasfield, Jess Butler, Mary Pothas – 8th in 4 x 100m Freestyle relay
- Mallory Hull – 18th in 50m Freestyle and 13th in 50m backstroke
- Keira Warn – 7th 200m freestyle and 19th 200m freestyle
- Leesa Coleman – 20th in 50m Freestyle
NSWCCC Volleyball Trials
Congratulations to Madison Amorim who trialled for the NSWCCC Volleyball team in week 9.
She has been selected to participate in the NSW All Schools in April.
Australian Surf Lifesaving Championships
The Australian Surf Lifesaving Championships were held at North Kirra Beach on the Gold Coast from the 25th of March to the 2nd of April. Congratulations to Bridget Cole in Year 11 who won Gold in the 17 years Relay event.
Dates coming up in Term 2
Tues 2nd May – CGSSSA Soccer
Friday 5th May – SCC Cross Country
Wednesday 17th May – CGSSSA Basketball