STUDY SKILLS TIP
Courtesy of P. Salter – ELES
7 Steps to Make the Most of Class time
So what are the advantages of using class time efficiently? Well, you will complete more work in class and have less to do at home, your teacher will be pleased with your application and so will your parents when they read your report, and of course, you will learn more! And if you don’t use class time efficiently? Well you will have to do more work at home, you will find you don’t always understand the work, your teachers will have to be continually disciplining you and you may even make it harder for other people in your class to learn. So what does working effectively in class mean?
- Sit next to someone who will help you stay on task.
- Ask questions whenever you are unsure, unclear or do not understand something.
- Be polite and respectful of your teacher and your classmates.
- Come to the lesson with all the books, technology and equipment you will need.
- Contribute your thoughts and ideas at the appropriate times.
- If you find yourself day-dreaming ask yourself questions about what is going on.
- Try at all times to stay on task and be focused on the work you are doing.
You can get some great tips on how to work effectively at home and at school by working through the units on www.studyskillshandbook.com.au. Our school’s access details are:
Year 8 Coordinator