Year 7 Cyber Safety Presentation
On Tuesday 7 June, Police Liaison Officer, Constable Belinda Prince came to speak to Year 7 about Cyber Safety. The message centered around our digital footprint, making smart choices and keeping safe online.
Strategies for students to manage their online accounts:
- Privacy management
- Limit the amount of personal information you post online.
- Turn off location functions- especially when uploading photos.
- If the site is free, you don’t own the content you post- so it can be used by others without your permission.
- Reputation management
- Be mindful of the comments you make online- they last forever.
- Think twice before you take/send//upload inappropriate photos of yourself and/or others.
- Defriend fake accounts immediately.
- Relationship management
- Know who your friends are- Don’t accept friend/follower requests from strangers.
- Posts online should be positive NOT negative.
- Be responsible- we never know how our words may affect others.
Year 7 Coordinator